- Three meals per day (from dinner Day 1 to breakfast Day 13)
- The services of a professional tour guide, camp chef and photographic tutor
- All park entry fees
- Accommodation for 12 nights (camping)
- Professional in-car radios
- The use of tents, crockery, and cutlery
- Personal vehicle costs like fuel, border tariffs, etc
- Personal drinks and snacks
- Visa (South African citizens don’t need one)
- Covid test (You must have a negative Covid
- PCR test result no older than seven days – without it, you won’t be allowed across the border. NOTE: These regulations might change; make sure you have the latest information.)
- Currently only the two big border posts (Vioolsdrif/Noordoewer and Nakop/Ariamsvlei) are open between South Africa and Namibia. Don’t try to use one of the small ones, you’ ll waste your time.
- You must have a negative Covid test (not older than 7 days) with you to cross the border. Double check all the latest Covid regulations before leaving home.
- There are Covid test facilities at the border. These quick tests cost in the region of R350 and although results are available quickly there is only one testing station, so if you happen to be there at the same time as 10 other people who require a test then you’ll end up wasting a lot of time.
- Always wear your mask at the border post and at all other times when appropriate. There are slight delays because of added health protocols but the border crossing is still straightforward and typically doesn’t take longer than an hour.
- The best vehicle for this tour is a comfortable 4×4 bakkie or SUV with good ground- clearance. A 4×4 is compulsory as we will drive off-road.
Spitzkoppe – Uis – Brandberg – Damaraland – Ugab River – Goantagab River – Twyfelfontein – Aba-Huab River – Palmwag Concession – Mudorib River – Hoanib River – Sesfontein – Warmquelle – Ongongo – Opuwo – Kaokoland – Epupa Falls – Kunene River – Ruacana – Etosha